Authy Application Download and Set Up
Download and Install Authy on a Macintosh Computer
Authy is an alternative to WinAuth and will work on both Windows and Macintosh computers.
Visit the download page of Authy.com and follow the instructions below.
(If you operate Google Chrome as a browser you can also add a Chrome extension called “Authenticator” which, once registration is set up will generate the necessary one-time access code you require.)
- Select “macOS” from the drop down box and press “download”.
- Open the “authy-installer.dmg” file and install the same way you would as any other application.
- Once open, you will need to verify your mobile number.
- Select by SMS
- Enter the code you receive in your SMS
- Now you can press “+” to add your first account (PaysOnline)
- To begin the activation process you must log in to PaysOnline as you usually would. Make sure you are selecting the correct console.
- You will be presented with the following screen. Enter your email address and mobile number (optional) and press next.
- During the PaysOnline Two Factor Registration process you will be presented with a secret text code.
- This code is unique only to you – See below for an example of where you will find the secret text code.
- Copy and paste from PaysOnline 2FA registration process. Paste in to the below field in Authy.
- Authy will generate you a six-digit number. Copy and paste that code into the field below on PaysOnline’s Two Factor Authentication registration process.
- You will now be able to “Validate” and continue the 2FA registration process in PaysOnline. Once complete
What will the 2FA registration process look like?
We have created step-by-step overview of the registration process and included screenshots. On any of the steps you can elect to “do this later” until May 31 2018.
Do you still have questions about Two Factor Authentication?
We have created a question and answers page here.