WinAuth Authenticator Application Download and Set Up
Download and Install WinAuth on a Windows Computer
Install the latest stable download of WinAuth, and select Google as the authenticator type (WinAuth website). Clicking that link will take you to the WinAuth main page. Navigate to the Download page for the latest stable version.
1. From this page you will download a zip file.
2. Open the zip file and double click the executable (.exe) file top open it.
3. Click “Add” and select Google as you authenticator type.
4. A new window will be displayed which has three steps to follow.
- Step 1 – To begin the activation process you must log in to PaysOnline as you usually would. Make sure you are logging into the correct console.
- Step 2 – You will be presented with the following screen. Enter your email address and mobile number (optional) and press next.
- Step 3 – Enter the secret text code is generated by PaysOnline Two Factor Authentication registration process.
- This code is unique only to you – See below for an example of where you will find the secret text code.
- Copy and paste from PaysOnline 2FA registration process.
- Paste in to the below field.
- Step 4 – Click “Verify” – this will ensure the secret code you pasted is a valid code.
- Step 5 – A 6 digit number will be generated. Copy and Paste this code in to PaysOnline.
- Step 6 -You will now be able to “Validate” and continue the 2FA registration process in PaysOnline. Once complete
Notes about WinAuth.
- The WinAuth desktop authenticator is only an executable utility file and does not install to your computer.
- If you would like it to start when your computer turns on click on the gear icon and select “Start with Windows”.
- If you would like easy and quick access to WinAuth click on the gear icon and select “Use System Tray Icon”.
- Whenever you require the program, it will now be able to open from your system tray (bottom right hand corner of your screen).
What will the 2FA registration process look like?
We have created step-by-step overview of the registration process and included screenshots. On any of the steps you can elect to “do this later” until May 31 2018.
Do you still have questions about Two Factor Authentication?
We have created a question and answers page here.